Followers

Wednesday 8 July 2015

An Asian theme with Ruby

Hi everyone.

It's time for a new challenge at Ruby's Rainbow.

Our theme for this fortnight is Asian.

I found this quite a challenge as it's not my usual style. I started off trying to make an origami kimono but really wasn't happy with it...Then I remembered I have a Bonsai tree cutting die and within a few minutes had created this...


First I cut the tree from black card. Next I cut a circle from white card, which I then inked with Fired Brick Distress ink. I've then cut the next two circles up in size, one in white and one in black. 
After this I die cut a square in white and the next size up in black. The sentiment is one which came free with a magazine recently, the white rectangle being cut with a die and the black using a perfect partner ruler at 1/16. The circles and squares are Tattered Lace dies and the tree and rectangle are Spellbinders. The overall card size is 4x4.

Now it's you're turn. I do hope you'll join us.

I would like to enter this for the following:-

Thank you so much for visiting. I hope to see you again soon.
Hugs Helen xx


7 comments:

  1. A very clever and stylish card, hun!
    Hugs and kisses from germany,
    Silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it fun to remember stuff in our stash that is perfect? Lovely card with great layers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Passion, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card and layout! Thank you so much for joining us at TTCRD his week!
    Kamila DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card and the layout! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous creation! Thanks for playing at PTW! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great design and so striking.It shows off the focal image beautifully.Fabulous work.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always greatly appreciated xx